[ NNSquad ] Did "Father of MIME" just resurface failed idea of micropayments to stop SPAM? Not exactly.

Did "Father of MIME" just resurface failed idea of micropayments to stop SPAM?  Not exactly.

http://j.mp/HdeLYQ  (Google+)

   "And let me clarify as well: People who think we can do this today are
    naive, if not crazy. My position is somewhat subtler than the article
    conveys -- I believe that we will turn to economic solutions only when
    we have gotten all we can out of every other approach to spam, which I
    believe will happen because Moore's Law is on the spammer's side.
    Based on no data whatsoever, my wild guess would be that this will be
    in the 2025-30 time frame. So almost all implementation-related
    arguments are irrelevant if they're based on today's capabilities. In
    other words, it's a prediction so far in the future that it's
    irrelevant for any practical purpose. I still believe it, though."