[ NNSquad ] Falsely accused of Internet piracy? It'll cost you $35 to even appeal.

Falsely accused of Internet piracy? It'll cost you $35 to even appeal.

http://j.mp/HD2CXE  (VentureBeat)

   "Users who are repeatedly notified can face suspension of their
    Internet service, bandwidth throttling, and "other measures that the
    ISP may deem necessary to help resolve the matter," according to the
    CCI. Anyone who feels they have wrongly been accused of piracy can
    appeal by requesting an independent review of their internet activity,
    which costs a cool $35."

 - - -

And what is the financial or other penalty for firms that file
accusations that turn out to be false?  I don't seem to find that
aspect mentioned anyway.  I have a feeling that the "public interest
group" members who have involved themselves in this project will live
to regret their being co-opted into this process.