[ NNSquad ] Service launched to deal with EU cookie laws (+my comments)

Service launched to deal with EU cookie laws (+my comments)

http://j.mp/JC2NdW  (Techcrunch)

   "On Saturday, May 26, the UK implements the first phase of the law, so
    website owners are scrambling to ensure they are in compliance
    (assuming they even know about it). As we've said before, we think
    it's dumb and will make it much harder on European startups."

 - - -

The entire focus on cookies is utterly insane. It's also incredibly
disingenuous and hypocritical for governments to pile on essentially
useless cookie restrictions while simultaneously themselves genuinely
subverting their citizens' freedom of speech and privacy on the
Internet, via pervasive and expanding surveillance, censorship, and
government-mandated tracking and data retention regimes.