[ NNSquad ] Off-Topic Special: Ray Bradbury Speaking at UCLA - April 8, 1998 (Never Online Before)

Off-Topic Special: Ray Bradbury Speaking at UCLA - April 8, 1998
(Never Online Before)

http://lauren.vortex.com/archive/000966.html

Acclaimed Author Ray Bradbury passed away yesterday, June 5, 2012, at
the age of 91.  In celebration of his life, I'd like to share with you
a recording from just over 14 years ago, from a tape that's been
sitting on a shelf behind me since I recorded it, on April 8, 1998.
It's never been online before.

On that day, UCLA was screening Francois Truffaut's 1966 film version
of Ray's 1953 classic "Fahrenheit 451," and I'd been able make
arrangements for Ray to attend, sign some books, and perhaps speak for
a bit before the film.

Ray's gracious acceptance of that invitation led to his giving a most
remarkable talk covering a vast range of topics.  Writing.  His life.
The meaning of life.  And much more.  Including Q and A, this
recording runs 80 minutes.

I can't begin to explain how much Ray's writing has meant to me,
especially when I was growing up, how many times I've read "451,"
"R is for Rocket," "The Martian Chronicles," and all the rest.

So this is a very special recording for me.  I hope, it will mean
something for you too.

Rest in peace, Ray.

Ray Bradbury Speaking at UCLA (April 8, 1998)
http://j.mp/JNzAXE  (YouTube - Audio Only - ~80 minutes)