[ NNSquad ] New Internet domain names a .fail, Washington says

New Internet domain names a .fail, Washington says

http://j.mp/LVteY2  (Politico)

    "ICANN listened to the complaints, not just from Congress but also
    from the [Federal Trade Commission], but didn't change much of
    anything in response that I could see," Esther Dyson, ICANN's founding
    chairwoman, told POLITICO. Dyson, now a prominent tech startup
    investor and philanthropist, strongly opposed the addition of new
    top-level domains.
    Ron Jackson, publisher of Domain Name Journal, believes .com will
    remain the undisputed champ of the Web for years to come.  "I don't
    think .com will be impacted at all," Jackson told POLITICO. "In fact,
    I would bet that aftermarket values of .coms will increase as the
    market becomes flooded with so many lesser-known alternatives."