[ NNSquad ] ICANN Reveal video

----- Forwarded message from Joly MacFie <joly@punkcast.com> -----

Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:16:34 -0400
From: Joly MacFie <joly@punkcast.com>
Subject: ICANN Reveal video
To: Lauren Weinstein <lauren@vortex.com>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7S8fy95keA

"This video displays all the names applied for through ICANN's new gTLD
program. The first version of the video was displayed on the stage in
London on 13 June, when ICANN revealed the list of names. We apologize for
the incorrect display of the names applied for in Arabic and other
languages and have produced this updated video with the corrections in
place. "

Incidentally, ICANN chose to use fora.tv for the webcast of the reveal PR.
A move to save money?  fora pays for production and shows ads til it
recovers production costs then splits revenue..
http://www.icann.org/en/news/press/kits/reveal-day-video-13jun12-en.htm

Since there were no low bandwidth (per YouTube) or download options, this
excluded many of the further flung members of the community. In fact so
much that after protests from Kenya, I took sympathy, ripped it, and posted
it at http://isoc-ny.org/video/icann_reveal.mp4

The original, distracting, typo'd, "names" video can be seen playing behind
the podium the whole time.

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
-