[ NNSquad ] Cisco backpedals after uproar, drops cloud from default router setting

Cisco backpedals after uproar, drops cloud from default router setting

http://j.mp/M9j6MA  (ars technica)

   "Cisco has backpedaled tonight, with a blog post saying the
    service-Cisco Connect Cloud-will no longer be the default management
    tool. "In response to our customers' concerns, we have simplified the
    process for opting-out of the Cisco Connect Cloud service and have
    changed the default setting back to traditional router set-up and
    management..."

 - - -

I keep wondering which bright boy up there thought that switching the
default to remote control and monitoring was just going to slip by
without uproar.  Perhaps they thought invoking the magic word "cloud"
would do the trick.  Well, think again.  The devil is always in the
details.