[ NNSquad ] Twitter admits their team working with NBC pushed to have Adams' account suspended

Twitter admits their team working with NBC pushed to have Adams' account suspended

http://j.mp/MZQRjY  (Twitter Blog)

   "The team working closely with NBC around our Olympics partnership did
    proactively identify a Tweet that was in violation of the Twitter
    Rules and encouraged them to file a support ticket with our Trust and
    Safety team to report the violation, as has now been reported
    publicly. Our Trust and Safety team did not know that part of the
    story and acted on the report as they would any other."

 - - -

Very disappointing news, especially since no real violation of Twitter
policy occurred in the first place.  I'll be discussing this aspect in
more detail in a formal blog posting.