[ NNSquad ] A digital life destroyed by Apple and Amazon security flaws

http://j.mp/MJLTad  (Wired)

   "But what happened to me exposes vital security flaws in several
    customer service systems, most notably Apple's and Amazon's. Apple
    tech support gave the hackers access to my iCloud account. Amazon tech
    support gave them the ability to see a piece of information - a
    partial credit card number - that Apple used to release information.
    In short, the very four digits that Amazon considers unimportant
    enough to display in the clear on the web are precisely the same ones
    that Apple considers secure enough to perform identity verification.
    The disconnect exposes flaws in data management policies endemic to
    the entire technology industry, and points to a looming nightmare as
    we enter the era of cloud computing and connected devices."
      - Mat Honan