[ NNSquad ] Google: International Broadband Pricing Study: Dataset for public use

International Broadband Pricing Study: Dataset for public use

http://j.mp/Q0aCvI  (Google "Policy by the Numbers" Blog)

  "We decided to apply this joint approach to informing a data-driven
   analysis to provide insight into what policies can best be implemented
   in order to lower the cost of Internet access for users. We found
   existing datasets to be insufficient because they provided only
   summary statistics. So, we hired a respected consultancy,
   Communications Chambers, to produce an international dataset of retail
   broadband Internet connectivity prices. The result was an
   international dataset of 3,655 fixed and mobile broadband retail price
   observations, with fixed broadband pricing data for 93 countries and
   mobile broadband pricing data for 106 countries. The dataset can be
   used to make international comparisons and evaluate the efficacy of
   particular public policies-e.g., direct regulation and oversight of
   Internet peering and termination charges-on consumer prices."