[ NNSquad ] YouTube Livestream of Democratic Convention opening night reportedly blocked by copyright claims

YouTube Livestream of Democratic Convention opening night reportedly
blocked by copyright claims

http://j.mp/PZNIDz  (Wired)

   "While First Lady Michelle Obama's speech won rave reviews on Twitter
    Tuesday night, don't get inspired to try to watch the livestream of
    the convention on BarackObama.com or YouTube - it's been blocked by
    copyright claims.  The video, posted by the official YouTube account
    for the convention, DemConvention2012, was blocked, according to
    YouTube, for ostensibly infringing on the copyright of one of many
    possible suspects..."

 - - -

As I've discussed in detail before, we really do need to work out
better solutions for this admittedly complex (from technical, legal,
and policy angles) set of rights-related issues.