[ NNSquad ] Google Patent for Pseudonyms in Social Networks + my comments

Google Patent for Pseudonyms in Social Networks + my comments

http://j.mp/S36cFc (Seo by the Sea)

   "Google was granted a patent this week on the use of personas or
    pseudonyms in social networks today, with the patent originally filed
    a little less than a year ago. The patent explicitly points at Google
    Plus as an example of a social network that processes in the patent
    could be applied to."

 - - -

This new Google patent points out an important truth related to
identity -- a range of different identity constructs or levels may be
best suited to different sorts of services (email, social networking,
etc.)  The type of identity well suited to Gmail, for example, is
likely different than that which best makes sense in a more public
setting like Google+.  Mechanisms that provide for the best matching
of identity levels to services, with flexibility appropriate to
individual services and cases, can make a great deal of sense in many
situations.