[ NNSquad ] Apple Mapocalypse Sends iOS 6 Users Into a Tizzy, Riverbank

Apple Mapocalypse Sends iOS 6 Users Into a Tizzy, Riverbank

http://j.mp/OeXgMF  (Wired)

   Disgruntled users across the globe are flocking to share their
   displeasure with Apple's new Maps app, which has a tendency to
   mislocate businesses, misplace cities, streets and towns, and display
   warped Dali-esque distortions of skyscrapers, bridges and other
   landmarks.  Apple's replaced Google Maps with its own app in iOS 6,
   released on Wednesday, cutting its closest tie to smartphone rival
   Google. But the seemingly premature launch of the Apple app is turning
   into a significant black eye in an otherwise well-received operating
   system upgrade.  "The maps for my hometown in iOS 6 are not only
   extremely ugly (and old) but not a singular business has a correct
   location as far as I can see," Apple forum member bjrnfrommalm posted
   Wednesday. "Anyone else getting really annoyed by this switch?"

 - - -

Apparently Apple released the "Escher 1.0" build of their mapping app.