[ NNSquad ] Re: The disappearing web: Information decay is eating away our history

Jerry,

yes, the licensing is a problem. Also, some artifacts like interactive games rely on special edge devices that might not be easily emulated with conventional keyboards so this might stymie the effectiveness of the virtual machine approach (which I generally agree with) especially for cases in which one is only able to obtain binary code. Note the potential need to run multiple versions of applications, operating systems, etc.