[ NNSquad ] Cyberattacks continue to affect U.S. banks

Cyberattacks continue to affect U.S. banks

http://j.mp/TX1GKi  (New York Times)

  "Six major American banks were hit in a wave of computer attacks last
   week, by a group claiming Middle Eastern ties, that caused Internet
   blackouts and delays in online banking.  Frustrated customers of Bank
   of America, JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, U.S. Bank, Wells Fargo and PNC,
   who could not get access to their accounts or pay bills online, were
   upset because the banks had not explained clearly what was going on."

 - - -

I am extremely skeptical of the blame game being asserted, especially
the Iran bashing.  Anybody can claim to be anyone in this context, and
I see no conceivable upside to Iran deploying an effort to merely slow
down access to online banking in the U.S.  I've seen the effects
myself -- extra page reloads required and such, but frankly the
explanations the banks are giving stink to high heaven, and the
politicos seem to be pulling so-called explanations out of thin air.