[ NNSquad ] Does Verizon's Monitoring Of Customer Behavior Violate Wiretap Laws?

Does Verizon's Monitoring Of Customer Behavior Violate Wiretap Laws?

http://j.mp/OFR4fJ  (Consumerist)

    At an industry conference, a VZW exec touted the both how easy it is
    to acquire all this data and how much money can be made from it.
    "We're able to view just everything that they do," he told the
    audience. "And that's really where data is going today. Data is the
    new oil."  He added: "We're able to analyze what people are viewing on
    their handsets. If you're at an MLB game, we can tell if you're
    viewing ESPN, we can tell if you're viewing MLB, we can tell what
    social networking sites you're activating, if you're sending out
    mobile usage content that's user-generated on video."