[ NNSquad ] Experts skeptical about Russian "secure" SCADA OS project

Experts skeptical about Russian "secure" SCADA OS project
http://j.mp/S40LCD  (This message on Google+)

   "Kaspersky's products are among the top ranked worldwide, are used by
    an estimated 300 million people and are embraced by U.S. companies
    like Microsoft, Cisco and Juniper Networks. But while he considers
    himself at some level a citizen of the world, he has close ties to
    Russian intelligence and Vladimir Putin.  Part of his education and
    training was sponsored by the KGB, he is a past Soviet intelligence
    officer (some suspect he has not completely retired from that role)
    and as Schactman notes, he has a "deep and ongoing relationship with
    Russia's Federal Security Service, or FSB," the successor to the KGB
    and the agency that operates the Russian government's electronic
    surveillance network.  Kaspersky has assisted the FSB in
    investigations, and the FSB played a major role in recovering his son,
    Ivan, who was kidnapped in April 2011."

 - - -

Now, just because Putin is jailing young women in work camps for years
for the "crime" of blasphemy (remind me, is this the 21st century?),
cracking down on civil liberties, and running the "RT" Cable Channel
propaganda outlet (one day I'll tell the story of how they tried to
screw with me), and otherwise seems intent on recreating at least a
mini-USSR, why should we possibly be concerned about an infrastructure
control system designed by a Russian firm under his thumb one way or
another ... hmm?  I have deep respect for the Russian people.  Very
little for Putin.