[ NNSquad ] From Mitch Glazier, Senior Executive Vice President RIAA re Withdrawn Republican Study Committee Report

 >> From Mitch Glazier, Senior Executive Vice President RIAA re Withdrawn
    Republican Study Committee Report

   "We appreciate that the Republican Study Committee clarified that the
    policy brief did not meet RSC standards for review by Member offices
    and staff. While we never asked that the brief be removed from the RSC
    website, we understand that a decision was made to do so to allow for
    the appropriate process that would have otherwise taken place before
    issuing. Appropriately, it appears the author is now distributing the
    work personally so that those who are interested may still have access
    to it, and that it is no longer erroneously being represented as an
    RSC view. Debate is important. So is appropriate attribution of views.
    We appreciate that there are many thoughtful perspectives on ensuring
    that the copyright laws adequately protect creativity and culture
    while fostering innovation, and we look forward to an ongoing dynamic
    dialogue about these vital issues. We will be participating on a panel
    discussing this topic at CATO in December and we urge all those with
    views to similarly join in a healthy discussion that will benefit
    industry and the public."