[ NNSquad ] CNN: Vint Cerf: Why we must fight for [the Internet's] freedom

CNN: Vint Cerf: Why we must fight for [the Internet's] freedom

http://j.mp/11naASg  (CNN)

   "A state-controlled system of regulation is not only unnecessary, it
    would almost invariably raise costs and prices and interfere with the
    rapid and organic growth of the internet we have seen since its
    commercial emergence in the 1990s.  The net's future is far from
    assured and history offers much warning. Within a few decades of
    Gutenberg's creation, princes and priests moved to restrict the right
    to print books.  History is rife with examples of governments taking
    actions to "protect" their citizens from harm by controlling access to
    information and inhibiting freedom of expression and other freedoms
    outlined in The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.  We must make
    sure, collectively, that the internet avoids a similar fate."

 - - -

*** AGREED. ***