[ NNSquad ] UK moving ahead with ISP-based default censorship

UK moving ahead with ISP-based default censorship

http://j.mp/Wt8koX  (ars technica)

    Save the children! UK Prime Minister David Cameron wants porn filters
    to come on, by default, in any British houses that have children in
    them.  "A silent attack on innocence is underway in our country today,
    and I am determined that we fight it with all we've got," wrote
    Cameron in today's Daily Mail.

 - - -

And this will also be very handy for cutting off politically
inconvenient sites, images, and ideas as well -- remember the guy
arrested in the UK recently for posting a photo of a flower being
burned?  You can bet Her Majesty's government has much bigger
censorship plans for this capability -- which, of course, will be
bypassed by proxies, VPNs, and other widely known technologies -- more
likely known to the kids than their parents!