[ NNSquad ] Time Warner Cable to expand usage-based broadband billing option nationwide

Time Warner Cable to expand usage-based broadband billing option nationwide

http://j.mp/WB4P3t  (Fierce Cable)

    Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) will offer a usage-based billing option
    to cable modem customers in every state it offers service except
    Hawaii by the end of December, CEO Glenn Britt said Monday.  The
    nation's second largest cable MSO began testing usage-based pricing on
    systems in southern Texas in February. Subscribers that choose the
    usage-based option and take an "Essentials" version of its broadband
    service can download just 5 GB of data each month. Customers who
    exceed 5 GB of data usage are charged $1 per GB that exceeds the
    allotment, with the overage fees capped at $25 each month.  Britt told
    attendees at a UBS conference in New York that Time Warner Cable's
    strategy isn't to place usage caps on the broadband product. "I don't
    like the idea of caps. That's a negative connotation. What we think is
    that we should always offer unlimited service but that we should offer
    a choice of a lower price with the consumption to match in for people
    who don't need unlimited. So that's quite different than what other
    people have talked about," Britt said.