[ NNSquad ] Major vulnerabilities in Cisco VoIP phones

Major vulnerabilities in Cisco VoIP phones

http://t.co/ntF86rH2  (Science Daily)

   "Cisco has since released a patch to repair these vulnerabilities
    but it is ineffective. "It doesn't solve the fundamental problems
    we've pointed out to Cisco," Cui observes. "We don't know of any
    solution to solve the systemic problem with Cisco's IP Phone
    firmware except for the Symbiote technology or rewriting the
    firmware. We plan to demonstrate a Symbiote-protected Cisco IP
    Phone at an upcoming conference."  The research conducted by
    Stolfo and Cui was funded by DARPA (Defense Advanced Research
    Projects Agency), IARPA (Intelligence Advanced Research Projects
    Activity), and DHS (Department of Homeland Security)."