[ NNSquad ] The Lionsgate video takedown YouTube dilemma (+ a few words about my own YouTube account)

The Lionsgate video takedown YouTube dilemma (+ a few words about my
own YouTube account)
http://j.mp/U87td6  (This message on Google+)

 - - -

Lionsgate Censors Remix Video That The Copyright Office Itself Used As
An Example Of Fair Use

http://j.mp/ZM9mkI  (TechDirt)

    "This past summer, together with the Electronic Frontier Foundation, I
     even screened the remix for the US Copyright Office at the 2012
     hearings on exemptions to the DMCA. Afterward my Buffy vs Edward remix
     was mentioned by name in the official recommendations by the US
     Copyright Office (pdf) on exemptions to the DMCA as an example of a
     transformative noncommercial video work." - Jonathan McIntosh

 - - -

I'll add here a few words regarding my own YouTube account status.  As
you may know, the YouTube account (dating back to 2007) associated
with my blog and traditionally used for most of my video postings was
suspended recently in a copyright dispute somewhat analogous to the
case discussed above.  Since folks keep sending me notes informing me
of this, I'll mention here specifically that I do know about it, the
relevant parties and I are working on the issues, and that I fully
expect the account to be restored relatively shortly.  Since I've
discussed the "between a rock and hard place" dilemma created by the
DMCA in considerable detail previously, I won't go into more details
here and now, except to say that the status quo in this area -- from
pretty much everyone's standpoint -- is increasingly untenable.