[ NNSquad ] Proposed California law requires site privacy polices not to exceed 8th grade language and 100 words

Proposed California law requires site privacy polices not to exceed
8th grade language and 100 words.

We all do know that privacy policies can become long and complicated,
but they encompass complex principles.  And while we're probably very
much in favor of making them as understandable as possible, trying to
limit privacy policies in such an arbitrary manner makes about as much
sense as trying to legislate the value of pi.  In fact, the actual
bill itself would violate its own designated limits many times over.
And I've now just about hit the actual 100 word limit itself.  Sorry
about

http://j.mp/Z2CqEF  (Leginfo.ca.gov [PDF])