[ NNSquad ] You can't patent simple math, judge tells patent troll Uniloc

You can't patent simple math, judge tells patent troll Uniloc

http://j.mp/14rfJvM  (ars technica)

    Math operations aren't automatically unpatentable, but US District
    Court Judge Leonard Davis ruled yesterday (PDF) that this one isn't
    novel enough to deserve patent protection. Why not? Because the
    "invention" claimed was just a decision to round numbers before,
    instead of after, an arithmetic computation. Seriously.

 - - -

I'm pretty much at the point now where I'd be willing to consider
advocating that software, and business methods, should no longer be
patentable at all.  Let the chips fall where they may.  I think the
world would be a better place overall.