[ NNSquad ] More cyberscares from our governments

More cyberscares from our governments

"Cyberattacks Seem Meant to Destroy, Not Just Disrupt"

http://j.mp/10eldVl  (New York Times)

    Mr. Obama's goal was to erode the business community's intense
    opposition to federal legislation that would give the government
    oversight of how companies protect "critical infrastructure," like
    banking systems and energy and cellphone networks. That opposition
    killed a bill last year, prompting Mr. Obama to sign an executive
    order promoting increased information-sharing with businesses.  "But I
    think we heard a new tone at this latest meeting," an Obama aide said
    later. "Six months of unrelenting attacks have changed some views."

 - - -

In a word regarding this entire article: bull.  My bet is that most of
this stuff is coming from the functional equivalent of pimple-faced
kids in their parents' basements in Cleveland.  Hell, sad to say, I
wouldn't be all that surprised if our own governments are behind many
of the attacks on our own companies.  This is all about our own
governments wanting to scare the hell out of us so that we'll let them
and their cyberscare-industrial complex buddies get more and more
powerful, richer and richer, and won't complain as they tap our
networks just like they've wanted to do pretty much all along.  And
we're falling for it, boys and girls.