[ NNSquad ] Google bans porn on Google Glass for now

Google bans porn on Google Glass for now

http://j.mp/16FqTiW  (CNN)

   "On Monday morning, the first porn app for Google Glass was announced.
    A few hours later, Google officially banned sexually explicit material
    on the futuristic eyewear."

 - - -

Now, before people go all ballistic about this, there's something
important to remember.  Glass is currently in Developer Preview
status, and the key word there is Preview.  Like with many other
preview programs from various firms, there are additional restrictions
in a preview that may or may not have anything at all to do with
normal production distribution of these devices down the line. I'm a
free speech guy of course, but I can certainly appreciate the
complexity of the policy (and frankly, political) issues surrounding
this new class of devices at this early stage. The question isn't
whether or not folks will find ways around the preview rules (or what
people do with other similar devices from other manufacturers). The
issue is trying to figure out these sensitive matters in an orderly
fashion that will ultimately be the best possible for everyone. So for
now, my recommendation would be just to relax, and remember that this
is the very beginning of what's likely to be a continuing process.