[ NNSquad ] The Secret Cyberwar

The Secret Cyberwar

http://j.mp/197irGF  (Wired)

    Alexander runs the nation's cyberwar efforts, an empire he has built
    over the past eight years by insisting that the US's inherent
    vulnerability to digital attacks requires him to amass more and more
    authority over the data zipping around the globe. In his telling, the
    threat is so mind-bogglingly huge that the nation has little option
    but to eventually put the entire civilian Internet under his
    protection, requiring tweets and emails to pass through his filters,
    and putting the kill switch under the government's forefinger. "What
    we see is an increasing level of activity on the networks," he said at
    a recent security conference in Canada. "I am concerned that this is
    going to break a threshold where the private sector can no longer
    handle it and the government is going to have to step in."

 - - -

Get the picture?  And follow the money!