[ NNSquad ] Google News goes opt-in only for Germany

Google News goes opt-in only for Germany

http://j.mp/10EW37t  (Der offizielle Google Produkt-Blog)

My executive summary: Publishers in Germany had hoped to extract
payment from Google in exchange for those publications appearing in
Google News, in the same manner that Google has agreed to do in some
other locales (a decision, I will note, that I consider to be
understandable, but problematic for the slippery slope effect).
However, Google is taking a firmer stance in Germany, and in essence
saying to publishers "you can opt-in, otherwise you won't be in the
index. Either way, you're not going to extort payments from us."  A
good move that will probably frustrate some publishers in Germany no
end, who now realize they must be careful what they wish for.