[ NNSquad ] "AT&T is Crushing Cable: Is Super Fast Broadband Really Necessary?"

"AT&T is Crushing Cable: Is Super Fast Broadband Really Necessary?"

http://j.mp/12ORSS6  (Telecompetitor)

   "Yet, if you take a look at broadband subscriber metrics over the past
    year, AT&T is outperforming all of the cable MSOs, by a long shot.
    AT&T is first to report 2Q13 numbers, during which they added 641K net
    broadband additions. If 2Q13 compares in any way to the previous three
    quarters, AT&T is crushing their faster cable competitors. For the
    past three quarters, AT&T has more broadband net adds than three of
    the top five cable MSOs of Comcast, Time Warner Cable, and Charter,
    combined (see table below)."

 - - -

Since I personally have seen the enormous push AT&T puts behind their
U-verse marketing (I finally had to call them to demand they stop
sending me their advertising), especially at the lower end, these
numbers are not terribly surprising in that context. Still, most stats
point at cable picking up most serious Internet users, and potential
demand for fiber still very high. So I would read stories like this one
with a lot more than a grain of salt.

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein