[ NNSquad ] Are smartphones crimping impulse buying at supermarkets?

Are smartphones crimping impulse buying at supermarkets?

http://j.mp/1bDHFAB  (Priceonomics)

   "The war has just begun, but merchants and brand managers across the
    nation worry that they're losing. In fact, the retail industry has
    coined a term for this phenomenon: "mobile blinders." Our "blindness"
    to all the little things we could be buying while trapped in line is
    jeopardizing some serious business.  It's hard to calculate precisely
    how direct and how critical the threat may be. But the stakes are high
    for the companies who depend heavily on the captive audiences that the
    checkout aisle has provided for decades."

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein