[ NNSquad ] Comcast, Charter Said to Weigh Time Warner Cable Breakup

Comcast, Charter Said to Weigh Time Warner Cable Breakup

http://j.mp/1en6m30  (Bloomberg)

   "Time Warner Cable, the second-largest U.S. cable company, is emerging
    as an acquisition target amid renewed attempts to consolidate the
    industry. Companies are looking to bulk up to get more negotiating
    leverage with networks such as CBS Corp. and Walt Disney Co.'s ESPN. A
    joint deal would solve issues Comcast and Charter (CHTR) would face if
    they were to pursue Time Warner Cable separately, the people said."

 - - -

Where's all that competition we were promised for Internet access,
that was supposed to provide better service and lower rates, so we'd
stop having third-world broadband in this country?  Just another lie.

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein