[ NNSquad ] "Meet the seven people who hold the keys to worldwide internet security"

Meet the seven people who hold the keys to worldwide internet security

http://j.mp/1fAyOfk  (Guardian)

    "It sounds like the stuff of science fiction: seven keys, held by
     individuals from all over the world, that together control security at
     the core of the web. The reality is rather closer to The Office than
     The Matrix."

 - - -

This story is actually about the DNS, which, as you may know, I view
as having ballooned into a dysfunctional technical nightmare that no
longer serves the Internet community at large, but mainly the
domain-industrial complex itself (and increasingly, spammers, phishers
and other crooks taking advantage of the confusion). The DNS overall
now reminds me of the bloated and grotesque character Mr. Creosote
from "Monty Python's The Meaning of Life" (1983). [Have an after dinner
mint? It's wafer thin!]

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein