[ NNSquad ] US to start testing universal internet IDs to combat fraud

US to start testing universal internet IDs to combat fraud

(Engadget): http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/06/nstic-government-internet-id/

   "But the government hopes this universal ID can replace people's logins
    for various places on the internet in the future. Obviously, not
    everyone will be thrilled by this development; after all, we're now
    very much aware of the NSA's love for snooping. Plus, it's risky using
    just a single log-in for various services like banking and social
    security. If you're one of those people, then cross your fingers and
    hope that NSTIC's completely voluntary, like what the government
    promised during the project's inception."

 - - -

I ripped apart NSTIC when it was announced. And given events since
then, anyone who willingly participates in this is -- to use the
vernacular -- an idiot.

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein