[ NNSquad ] Iowa parties ponder Internet voting

Iowa parties ponder Internet voting

(FOX News): http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/10/democrats-propose-internet-voting-in-2016-making-republican-also-consider-idea/

   "Democrats are thinking about using Internet balloting in 2016 to
    expand their voter base and select a president -- prompting
    Republicans to consider such a strategy to keep from losing ground.
    Iowa Democrats proposed the idea and several others during a recent
    Democratic National Committee meeting, saying Internet balloting could
    expand access to their unique caucus process to overseas military
    personnel, absentee voters and others."

 - - -

Internet voting is of course a disastrous idea, for so many reasons
(not to mention the underlying security problems of people's own
computers that would be used to cast the votes). I won't even bother
here to start referencing the many papers on this topic, including my
own "Hacking the Vote" from years ago. Still, if the GOP wants to use
this in their primaries, I think it might be amusing when the Iowa GOP
nominee ends up being His Infernal Majesty Satan.

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein