[ NNSquad ] Bonus Video! - IBM Presents: "UFO Friend, Foe, or Fantasy - 1966 CBS Documentary"

Bonus Video! - IBM Presents: "UFO Friend, Foe, or Fantasy - 1966 CBS Documentary"

I occasionally exercise my position as usually benevolent list
dictator to point out materials that may be off-topic for this list,
but still of special importance or with notable enjoyment potential.

So herewith I'll mention a video that popped up on YouTube earlier
this month. It appears to be a network reference print of a 1966 CBS
documentary on UFOs, and is simply wonderful to behold, particularly
in its willingness to speak plainly about science vs. superstition.

Narrated by Walter Cronkite, and with its IBM commercials and
announcement bumpers intact (Timesharing! Western Electric 103 dialup
modems!), it's an example of the high point of network television news
operations, before they turned into nothing more than adjuncts of
entertainment programming. Enjoy!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GghBcZcw0nA

I am a consultant to Google -- I speak only for myself, not for them.
Lauren's Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein