[ NNSquad ] Comcast announces technician "stalking" app

Comcast announces technician "stalking" app

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/my-account-app-technician

    "This is how it works.  Customers with scheduled appointments will be
     alerted through our App when our technician is about 30 minutes away
     from arriving at their house, and will be able to track this
     technician's progress on a map.  We're hoping this will prevent our
     customers from just needing to sit at home and wait.  They can check
     the app from the office, or wherever they are, and head home when they
     see we're on our way.  If we are running late, which can happen if our
     tech gets tied up at someone else's house, we will let folks know that
     too, and provide real-time status updates so they can plan
     accordingly."

 - - -

So not only will this apparently allow you to stalk Comcast techs, but
also (apparently) other Comcast customers he visits. Now that's progress!

I am a consultant to Google -- I speak only for myself, not for them.
Lauren's Blog: http://lauren.vortex.com
Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein