[ NNSquad ] AP: GOP and Democrats battle over domain name oversight

AP: GOP and Democrats battle over domain name oversight

http://j.mp/1qm5jWR  (AP)

    WASHINGTON (AP) - Republican opposition to Obama administration plans
    to spin off U.S. oversight of the Internet's domain name system is
    evolving into an election-year political fight, with GOP lawmakers
    using it as the latest front in their attacks on President Barack
    Obama's trustworthiness.  "We've seen enough out of this
    administration and its imperial presidency politics that I'm not going
    to just give them a blank pen and then walk away," Rep. Greg Walden,
    R-Ore., said Thursday as a House subcommittee he chairs voted to
    impose a one-year delay in implementing any changes so congressional
    investigators could study the issue.

Google+: http://google.com/+LaurenWeinstein
Twitter: http://twitter.com/laurenweinstein