[ NNSquad ] Re: Neutrality in Perspective

The argument that blocking any port is justified is a slippery slope to overblocking.

There are just as persuasive arguments for blocking SIP and RTP ports, for forcing HTTP through a proxy server, email that doesn't go through the ISPs virus checkers (and lawful intercept filters) ... what would Google say if ports 80, 443, 995, 465 and 587 were all blocked or proxied in an effort to stop people from being infected with or spreading worms?

At what extent do you draw the line? I'm just not persuaded that we need to solve endpoint and protocol engineering problems at the network layer.

Be careful what you wish for,

Kevin