[ NNSquad ] Re: Catalog of Measurement Tools

foundation for an initial set of
recommended software that folks can use to begin exploring the
capabilities and conditions of their own Internet connectivity.

This strikes me as an excellent suggestion. I have been lurking on the list, and it seems to me that the key contribution we can make is not deciding what *should* be done, but putting transparent, easy to use (e.g. as Firefox add-ons) tools in the hands of millions of people to find out what *is* being done. Those tools should aggregate the results as well as report them back to the users.

Larry

  [ Packages that could ultimately be folded into toolbars, plugins,
    and the like would be ideal, keeping in mind the open
    source requirement.

]