[ NNSquad ] Re: tools

At 03:07 PM 11/20/2007, Roy J. Tellason wrote:

>I have been reading this list with some interest looking for specifics in
>terms of tools that might be useful in testing some of the things that are
>under discussion here.
>
>One possibly useful site I saw mentioned on another list is this one:
>
>http://speedtest.net/

This and also http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest are very well known.
And many cable and DSL providers intentionally unthrottle them, so as
to put their thumbs on the scale when users "test" their bandwidth.

While we don't cheat, these sites do not give an accurate measure of
the speed of our network because of its unique architecture.

--Brett