[ NNSquad ] Re: FCC Hearing tomorrow (Monday, 25-02-2008)

At 10:27 PM 2/24/2008, Brett Glass wrote:

>At 03:56 PM 2/24/2008, Lauren Weinstein wrote:
>
>>   [ Do we know for a fact that the opponents of the petitions even *asked*
>>     for technical presentation time?

>>     Similarly, is there any indication that opponents of the petitions
>>     who wished to participate were refused?
>
>I asked for both and was turned down. And I was willing to fly to
>Boston from Wyoming!
>
>   [ On what grounds were your requests denied?

No reason was given. So much for transparency AND fairness.

--Brett Glass

  [ It has been suggested by another reader that the likely reason for being
    turned down is that the *specific* purpose of that meeting is to examine
    the direct effects of Comcast's throttling of BitTorrent on businesses
    like Vuze that use BitTorrent, which would explain why a Vuze technology
    demo has apparently been planned.  It has also been suggested that overall
    the panels seem sufficiently balanced to avoid problems in that regard.

    I do agree, however, that rejections without explanations are very bad
    form and are not conducive to open process in these matters.