[ NNSquad ] Re: FCC paths to Internet network management? ( from IP )

At 02:53 PM 3/2/2008, Roy J. Tellason wrote:

>They're running something that looks at the content of my emails and bounces
>it if it doesn't like _some URLs_ that I have in it?  WTF?

This is quite common, actually. RHSBLs are generally very good ways of
detecting spam zombies -- better than, for example, blacklists that rely
only on IP addresses. The rate of false positives is extremely low.

I'm glad to see that Verizon is being proactive about spam being sent from
their networks. They have, for years, been among the worst offenders --
always at the top of our list of spam sources.

The occasional false positive is well worth it compared to the alternative.
If you don't like it, of course, you can always get a business account on
which the running of a server is permitted -- or use a third party mail
service.

--Brett Glass

P.S. -- I'd be willing to be that it was the "xxxx.com" URL that got
your message blocked. Probably a porn site that's been advertised in
spam.