[ NNSquad ] Re: DNS Redirection: The Plot Thickens

The mention of http: is very important since that's another
insidious form of denial of Internet. As Esme Vos pointed out you
can't use your Nintendo with "Free Wi-Fi" services because they
require a browser to simply setup a connection.

This is pervasive and far worse than blocking a few P2P packets - it shows
a fundamental misunderstanding of the Internet and leaves you with some web
access but no ability to use the Internet itself in ways that don't reflect
the presumption that the Internet is just another TV channel.

Once again we see the danger in depending on those who not only don't
understand but are most threatened by the Internet control over our
connectivity. What could be more foolish.

This goes to Richard Bennett's defense of Comcast -- after all, they are
protecting http against P2P because we all know ...

As a related add-on to my 911 comments the Boston Globe has an article about
a change to the 911 procedure -- Boston reuses the same street names in each
community and often police get dispatched to the wrong instance. They will
now send cars to multiple places just in case. What will it take to get
people to understand rich signaling.

Let's demand Internet connectivity not more of that Ole Tyme Web.