[ NNSquad ] Comcast replies re Univ. of Colorado TCP test results

------- Forwarded Message

From: David Farber <dave@farber.net>
To: "ip" <ip@v2.listbox.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 19:35:29 -0700
Subject: [IP] Comcast and University of Colorado

From: Douglas, Charlie [Charlie_Douglas@comcast.com]
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 8:33 PM
To: David Farber
Subject: Comcast and University of Colorado

Dave - For IP if you wish.

I posted a very similar version of this on Slashdot a few hours ago:

"I can confirm that we have not made any shift in our network
management policy yet and have not implemented the protocol agnostic
approach that we announced two weeks ago. At that time, we said we
would migrate to this new system before the end of the year.  We
have contacted the PhD students and associate professors at the
University of Colorado to better understand their analysis."

And the following went up on the University of Colorado Web page
about an hour ago (here's a link and statement below) so wanted to
make sure you were aware of this as well:

http://systems.cs.colorado.edu/mediawiki/index.php/Broadband_Network_Management <http://systems.cs.colorado.edu/mediawiki/index.php/Broadband_Network_Management>

"SPECIAL NOTICE:  Comcast has approached us to better understand our
test, the equipment we used and the results of our analysis.  We
understand that their current network management techniques should
not be producing the results we found and that they are not blocking
access to any Web sites or email applications.  We are committed to
working together and will update our analysis once we have
additional information.  Thank you."

-Charlie Douglas
Director of Corporate Communications
Comcast Corporation