[ NNSquad ] Univ. of Colorado says their earlier test results were in error

--------- Forwarded Message Begins

Broadband Network Management - CUSystems

"A note regarding our findings: Further experiments have led us to
believe that our initial conclusions that indicated Comcast's
responsibility for dropping TCP SYN packets and forging TCP SYN, ACK
and RST (reset) packets was incorrect. Our experiments were conducted
from behind a network address translator (NAT). The anomalous packets
were generated when the outbound TCP SYN packets exceeded the NAT's
resources available in it's state table. In this case, TCP SYN, ACK
and RST packets were sent. We would like to thank Don Bowman, Robb
Topolski, Neal Krawetz, and Comcast engineers for bringing this to
our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this
posting may have caused."

http://systems.cs.colorado.edu/mediawiki/index.php/Broadband_Network_Management

--------- Forwarded Message Ends