[ NNSquad ] Re: Peering dispute cuts off Sprint<->Cogent Internet traffic

A disturbance in The Force! Ironically, the most common reason why
carriers have attempted to sever peering relationships with Cogent
is that they don't like Cogent's pricing; in other words, Cogent
is bucking the other carriers' cartel-style pricing strategies. See

http://gigaom.com/2008/03/18/cogent-ceo-peering-breakdown-is-telias-fault/

Now, if only Cogent could also buck the big guys' policy of redlining
and refusing to serve rural areas -- such as Level3's redlining of
Wyoming.

--Brett Glass