[ NNSquad ] Re: FCC Hires Industry Shill to Develop US National Broadband Plan

> From: Richard Bennett <richard@bennett.com>
> Date: August 29, 2009 7:47:24 PM EDT
> The concern of the "net roots" faction Bowers represents seems to be that a
> diverse and talented FCC team will not endorse the simplistic vision of
> "all packets are equal" internetworking they've been trying to foist off on
> the American people since the net neutrality debate started.

As far as I'm concerned, claiming that net neutrality advocates are
insisting that "all packets are (or should be) equal" is the same sort
of inaccurate, derogatory canard used by the political hacks who have
been trying to equate end of life counseling with "Nazi-like death
panels."

In both of these sorts of situations, the individuals making such
claims know (or should know) full well that they are spouting
self-serving bosh that misrepresents the actual positions of their
adversaries.