[ NNSquad ] Re: Comcast removes key VCR-compatibility feature from cable boxes (or pay $20 extra!)

The users have to revolt. We have very few options in North America. Big cable and telecom is trying to do to the Internet what it did to mobile phones and squeeze every last cent out of us. This is unacceptable. We the people need to be protected from these unfair practices. Are the politicos listening?

We also need competition. And as Vint Cerf says - we need to open up the spectrum - http://bit.ly/bLI7KZ - we need to immediately connect who we can to fiber and we can't throw out the copper. Keep the copper in the ground for the development of community inter-networking and peering. Cable too.

Were such primitives in North America for putting up with this substandard service.

regards
joe baptista