[ NNSquad ] FW: [ga] the future .. DNS National Security and the ICANN clowns

Comments either way, anyone?

     -----Original Message-----
     From: Joe Baptista <BAPTISTA@PUBLICROOT.ORG>
     Sent: Apr 11, 2010 8:07 AM
     To: "ga@gnso.icann.org >> GA" <GA@GNSO.ICANN.ORG>
     Subject: [ga] the future .. DNS National Security and the ICANN clowns

     The DNS is fracturing. It's been hijacked. Root server "I" in Beijing
     looks like it's still offline as ICANN remains silent on a national
     security issue - or should we call it a scandal? Washington is a buzz in
     DNS these days - no one knows whats going on and Beckstrom is busy
     answering questions.

     When the Peoples Republic of China accidentally or intentionally hijacks
     the State of California expect some attention.

     We need a better solution then ICANN. The world has become a very
     insecure place overnight. Now that this attack vector is known expect it
     to be exploited. DNSSEC will not save the day. It will simply provide
     another path to exploit.

     DNScurve would have prevented this from happening. But the protocol that
     will be shoved in our face will be the DNSSEC make work project.
     DNScurve and DNSSEC can live together on the same box. Both will provide
     their own version of security. But as soon as DNScurve is adopted -
     expect DNSSEC to die a quick death.

     regards
     joe baptista